Noteworthy Facts About the University of Utah College of Nursing
- Ranked #18 in NIH Funding among Colleges of Nursing.
- Seven faculty members hold an endowed chair funded by very generous donors. Endowed chairs recognize academic distinction and a commitment to inquiry and teaching.
Nine faculty members are Fellows of the American Academy of Nursing (FAAN).
- Doctor of Nursing Practice program ranked #22 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
Nurse Midwifery Program at the University of Utah College of Nursing is ranked 9th in the nation by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Nursing Informatics program ranked #8 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
A $27 Million active research portfolio.
One of nine founding members of the National Hartford Centers of Geriatric Nursing Excellence.
- Annual extramural research of over $3.1 Million and annual educational grants over $1.7 Million.
- A $6.9 Million NIH P01 grant supporting new discoveries in end-of-life care. One of only three Colleges of Nursing in the nation holding P01 awards.
The University of Utah College of Nursing developed and instituted the only Care Management master’s specialty in the state of Utah in fall 2013.
- BirthCare Healthcare serves five outpatient locations and delivering nearly 500 babies each year at University of Utah Hospital and provides health care access and education for refugee populations in conjunction with University Neighborhood Partners at Hartland.
Caring Connections: A Hope and Comfort in Grief Program has over 6,000 personal contacts per year with the myriad of community outreach opportunities such as grief groups, Seeds of Remembrance, Grief in the Holidays, and many more.
Utah Juvenile Justice Services serves 10 facilities in Utah and Salt Lake County.
Psychiatric/Mental Health Services is in three community locations.
Sutter Health Graduate Assistant Program, a nurse managed call center, provides more than 40 graduate students financial assistance.
- Nationally recognized for the “Utah Model” of synchronous distance education using cutting edge videoconferencing, on ground intensives, and conference learning.
- Nursing Informatics program ranked #7 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report in 2015.