Admissions & Application
Applicants who are recommended for admission to the certificate program, but who are not current, matriculated University of Utah students, will also need to apply to the University of Utah Admissions Office for non-degree seeking or second bachelor’s degree status and pay the application fee.
Applicants who are applying to the graduate certificate program, and who are not current University of Utah students, must provide official copies of transcripts showing completion of a bachelor’s degree.
Applicants must fill out the online Gerontology Interdisciplinary Certificate application form. They must also be prepared to respond to the following statements:
- Discuss your educational and vocational plans and include reasons for your interest in gerontology.
- Discuss briefly any current or past experiences, activities, academic programs or organizations with which you have been or are presently working with the elderly.
- Discuss briefly any current or past experiences working in rural settings and/or working with ethnic minorities.
These are University Application Deadlines for Non-Degree Seeking Students
- Fall Semester: March 1
- Spring Semester: October 1
- Summer Semester: February 15
Matriculated students have a year-round rolling admission.