Application & Admission
Applications are reviewed by both the University of Utah Office of Graduate Admissions and the Gerontology Interdisciplinary Program. Successful applicants must meet the minimum admission requirements for, and be accepted by, both the graduate school and the Gerontology Interdisciplinary Program.
A cohort of approximately 12-15 students is accepted into the Gerontology Interdisciplinary Program each fall semester. To apply for the Master of Science in Gerontology, click here.
Applications deadline is DECEMBER 1, 2017.
The Gerontology Program strongly recommends that applicants first attend a College of Nursing Graduate Information Session before submitting their application.
Admission to the Gerontology Interdisciplinary Master's degree is limited and selective. The Gerontology Interdisciplinary Program admits students once a year. The following are the minimum requirements needed to apply for the Gerontology Interdisciplinary Program:
- Completed application for graduate admission
- Transcripts from ANY and ALL colleges and universities attended, including the University of Utah, must be uploaded as part of the graduate application.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale
- A current resume or curriculum vitae
- Three professional references
- Professional goal statement
- International applicant requirements
Applicants should note that meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission to the Gerontology Interdisciplinary Master Degree Program. Applicants are evaluated with respect to university and departmental requirements and with respect to the pool of available applicants.