7 Endowed Chairs
Endowed chairs are the university’s primary means of recognizing academic distinction, promoting excellence, and enabling the university to attract, retain and honor distinguished faculty members and demonstrates a commitment to their fields of inquiry. For the chair holders, appointment to an endowed chair signals recognition—to colleagues and to the world beyond academia—both of personal achievements and of the institution’s commitment to their fields of inquiry and teaching.
Endowed chairs are supported by gifts at two levels – the $1 million level (Endowed Chair) and the $1.5 million level (Presidential Endowed Chair). Currently, there are seven endowed chairs at the College of Nursing. More detailed information about each endowed chair and the donor is found here. Link below in blue to respective pages following this one.
- Janice Morse, RN, PhD (Current Chair)
- Linda K. Amos, EdD, FAAN (First Chair Holder)
Robert S. and Beth M. Carter Endowed Chair (established by Robyn and Thomas Carter)
- Susan Beck, PhD, RN, FAAN (First Chair Holder)
- Ginette Pepper, PhD, RN, FAAN (First Chair Holder)
- Sara Simonsen, PhD, MSPH, MS,CNM (Current Chair Holder)
- Patricia A. Murphy, CNM, DrPH, FACNIM (First Chair Holder)
- Kathi Mooney, PhD, RN (Current Chair Holder)
- Lillian Nail, PhD, FAAN (First Chair Holder)
Louis H. Peery Presidential Endowed Chair in Nursing in Loving Memory by His Son, Louis S. Peery, MD
- Patricia Gonce Morton, RN, PhD, FAAN, Dean, College of Nursing, 2013 - Present (Current Chair Holder)
- Maureen Keefe, RN, PhD, FAAN, Dean, College of Nursing, 2001-2013 (First Chair Holder)
- Michael Caserta, PhD (First Chair Holder)