Eligibility & Prerequisites
- Completion of all general education requirements prior to starting the nursing program. Contact Academic Advising Center to verify completion of courses. Current U of U students can verify completion of general education requirements via My Degree Dashboard (formerly DARS) in CIS.
- Minimum 3.0 prerequisite cumulative grade point average (GPA) on a scale of 4.0.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) on a scale of 4.0 for all courses completed at ALL colleges/universities
- Our program is not an Accelerated BS as defined by the AACN where prior Bachelors degree is required. It is a fast-track, four consecutive program that mimics other Accelerated BS in Nursing programs.
- Prior to entering the program you must be a degree-seeking student at the University of Utah in good-standing.
Please note that meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee that an applicant will be admitted to the program.
Completion of all nine nursing prerequisite courses is required prior to entry into the program. All prerequisite courses must have a grade of C or better with a minimum 3.0 prerequisite cumulative grade point average (GPA) on a scale of 4.0. The five nursing prerequisite courses marked by (*) and the corresponding labs must be complete and graded at the time of application. If these courses are not complete, your application will not be considered.
- Principles of Biology(*)
- Human Anatomy(*)1
- Human Physiology(*)1
- Elementary Chemistry(*)
- Nutrition Intervention
- Human Growth and Development: Lifespan
- Medical Microbiology
All courses offered at in state colleges and universities that have been approved are included in the course equivalency chart. If a course you have taken is not on this list or from an out of state institution you may request a course or transcript evaluation. Course or transcript evaluations are not available 30 days prior to an application deadline, please plan accordingly. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all prerequisites fulfill course requirements.
For course or transcript evaluations please complete the Transcript Evaluation Form
Items you will need to include when submitting your request for transcript review:
- An unofficial copy of your school transcript
- Link to the course description of the classes you are having reviewed
- List of courses you want to have considered
- Syllabi for the courses
Please note your request could take up to three weeks for a response