Applications are due January 15th.
Successful applicants must meet the minimum admission requirements for, and be accepted by the University of Utah College of Nursing.
Following are the minimum requirements needed to apply for the Nursing Education post-graduate certificate program:
- Completion of a College of Nursing certificate application
- Completion of a bachelor's degree in nursing from a regionally-accredited university or college, or concurrent enrollment in a University of Utah College of nursing undergraduate or graduate program
- Verification of licensure as an RN and APRN in at least one of the jurisdictions of the National Council of State Boards of Nursing
- Minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- A personal interview may be required
Required Prerequisite/Co-requisite Courses
An elementary statistics course; examples of courses that fulfill this requirement at the University of Utah include:
Satisfactory completion of NURS 5905 Clinical Physiology (B grade or better)
- If you graduated from your BS degree program over 5 years ago (as of the start of your graduate program) then you are required to take NURS 5905 Clinical Physiology prior to starting the program.
- If you graduated within the past 5 years from an RN-BS program and did not take an upper division level course in pathophysiology then you are required to take NURS 5905 Clinical Physiology prior to starting the program.
English Proficiency Exams (TOEFL or IELTS only)
Evidence of English-language proficiency is required for applicants whose first language is not English. Applicants are required to submit results of either the Test of English Foreign Language or IELTS. Minimum score requirements for admission can be found at the University of Utah Office of International Admissions.
International applicants are not eligible to register for non-matriculated status at the University of Utah. Therefore, if recommended for acceptance to the program, international applicants would need to apply for second-bachelor degree status through the University of Utah International Admissions Office and meet the International Undergraduate Admission Requirements.
In addition to the requirements listed above, international applicants must provide evidence of certification by the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools.