Undergraduate Group Advising
(Pre- and Post-Licensure BS in Nursing tracks)
Small group advising sessions (up to 8 students) are offered several times each week to inform prospective nursing students about one of the Bachelor of Science in nursing degree options (Pre-Licensure, Post-Licensure, and Nursing Early Assurance Program) as well as the procedures for admission. During the Group Advising session, the Student Services Advisor will present information regarding the following:
- Overview of the College of Nursing
- Admission Requirements for Prospective Freshman, Transfers, and Second Bachelor Degree Students
- Prerequisite Courses and Repeat Policies
- Program/Degree Requirements including scheduling options, clinical rotations, and cost of tuition
If you do not already have at least 2 of the nursing prerequisites graded, you will need to meet with a pre-nursing advisor at the Academic Advising Center in the student services building on main campus. You should only attend a group advising session after you have 2 or more prerequisites completed.
Attending an advising session is not a requirement to apply for admission to the College of Nursing.
- We do not review transcripts during these sessions - if the prerequisites you have taken are not listed on the below course equivalency chart, please complete this step prior to an advising session
- All sessions are held at the University of Utah College of Nursing Building, Student Services room 2200
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes early to check in at the Student Services Front Desk (on the second floor in the College of Nursing) All advising sessions will begin promptly at their scheduled time
- Parking is very limited on campus - if you are not taking public transportation or being dropped off, please give yourself enough time to park in the visitor parking garage : Zoom in and find the purple Visitor parking garage (structure #64g) the College of Nursing is just down the hill, building #588.
- The closest UTA Trax stop to the College of Nursing is University Medical Center. It is about an eight-minute walk between locations.
If you have any questions about this session, please call Student Services (801) 587-3194.