Schedule an Appointment
We offer two types of appointments for our undergraduate applicants and students. For our prospective nursing students, we provide small group information and advising sessions. For our declared pre-nursing and admitted nursing early assurance program students, you can book your mandatory first- and second-year advising, as well as general advising. Appointments are available up to three weeks in advance, and new appointments are added every Monday.
BS in Nursing Applicants
Small group advising sessions (up to 10 students) are offered several times each month to inform prospective nursing students about the Bachelor of Science in nursing degree as well as the procedures for admission. These are designed for students who are investigating nursing as a major, second bachelor degree earners, and transfer students to the University of Utah. During the Group Advising session, the Student Services Advisor will present information regarding the following:
- Overview of the College of Nursing
- Admission Requirements for Prospective Freshmen, Transfers, and Second Bachelor Degree Students
- Prerequisite Courses and Repeat Policies
- Program/Degree Requirements including scheduling options, clinical rotations, and cost of tuition
If you are not already enrolled in or have completed any of the nursing prerequisites, you will need to meet with an advisor at the Academic Advising Center in the Student Services building on the main campus.
Attending an advising session is not a requirement to apply for admission to the College of Nursing but is highly encouraged.
- We do not review transcripts during these sessions - if the prerequisites you have taken are not listed on the below course equivalency chart, please complete this step before an advising session
- All meetings are held at the University of Utah College of Nursing Building, Student Services room 2200
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes early to check in at the Student Services Front Desk (on the second floor of the College of Nursing) All advising sessions will begin promptly at their scheduled time. Late arrivals may lose their appointment slot and will need to reschedule.
- Parking is limited on campus - if you are not taking public transportation or being dropped off, please give yourself enough time to park in the visitor parking garage: Zoom in and find the purple Visitor parking garage (structure #64g) the College of Nursing is just down the hill, building #588.
- The closest UTA Trax stop to the College of Nursing is University Medical Center. It is about an eight-minute walk between locations.
If you have any questions about this session, please call Student Services (801) 587-3194.