Teaching and Research Assistantships
Teaching Assistantship (TA) Positions
Current and Prospective graduate Nursing and Gerontology students interested in gaining teaching experience are encouraged to apply for a Teaching Assistant (TA) position within the College of Nursing. Most TA positions include a service (work) component of 10-20 hours per week and may be eligible for a separate tuition reduction benefit (Tuition Benefit Program - TBP) administered through the University of Utah's Graduate School.
TBP benefits provide eligible graduate students:
- Reduction on their tuition (reduction based on service component)
- Non-resident students qualify for resident tuition rates
TA assignments are determined annually each spring for the entire academic year through an application process. TA selection is a competitive process. Students who apply for a TA position and are not selected may still be eligible for a Graduate Assistant (GA) or Research Assistant (RA) position. Likewise, students who apply for a GA or RA position and are not selected may still be eligible for a TA position. Therefore, students who are interested in graduate tuition benefits through working as a TA or GA are encouraged to apply for both.
TA Application Deadline: March 31, 2017
TA Application: Now Open
Notification of Award: May 2017
Questions and inquiries regarding TA positions:
Graduate Clinical Placements Coordinator
Questions and inquiries regarding tuition benefits associated with TA position:
Student Scholarship and Funding Administrator
Research Assistantship (RA) Positions
Nursing and Gerontology graduate students interested in gaining research experience are encouraged to submit an RA interest form. Most RA positions include a service component of 10-20 hours per week and eligible students may qualify for the Graduate Tuition Benefit program (TBP) administered through the University's Graduate School. TBP provides for a reduction on your tuition bill and provides resident tuition rates to non-resident students.
Research Assistant Process
For students wishing to be considered for future RA openings:
- Fill out the RA Interest Form
- Only students who have been admitted OR current students may submit an RA interest form
- Provide a CV or resume with the interest form
- Submit RA Interest Form and CV/resume to Sumiko Martinez, Student Funding Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Students whose qualifications are a match with the RA position will be contacted directly by a Research staff member.
For current students wishing to apply for advertised RA openings:
- Positions will be posted on Canvas (follow application directions per Canvas announcement instructions)
- Visit the University of Utah Student Employment Job Portal to view any recent position openings