Global Health Program
Global Health at the College of Nursing
Below are links to global and local DNP projects done in the past
- Treatment guideline for the management of dyslipidemia at the hope clinic.
- Addressing acces to diabetes education in a rural hispanic population.
- Addressing hiv aids among latinos living in Utah
- An educational tool with recommendations for providers barriers to screening for hepatitis b in asian american and pacific islanders
- Describing a sustainable model of harmonization between culturally congruent traditional healing and evidence based biomedical models in the context of Alaska native tribal health.
- Determining the barriers and beliefs of salt lake city iraqi refugee torture survivors related to metabolic and cardiovascular disease.
- Developing a faith based prenatal education curriculum for african american women in salt lake city utah.
- Development of education intervention to improve awareness and knowledge of hear disease in hispanic women at a non profit organization in Salt Lake City.
- Disparities in cancer pain assessment and management among ethnic minorities.
- Enhancing knowledge of contraception and safe sex among hispanic teens.
- Examining changes in the mental health status of refugees over the first six months of resettlement using the refugee health screener 15 rhs 15.
- Exploring beliefs about contraception in Bhutanese women.
- Group prenatal education for combating obesity and gestational diabetes in hispanic women.
- Improving awareness and cultural humility through a self study module.
- Increasing awareness of cervical cancer screenign an dhpv vaccination for Vietnamese women in Utah.
- Integrating refugee youth metnal healht screenings into the domestic refugee medical examination.
- Multicultural orientation training an innovative method to develop cultural humility among health care providers.
- School based telemedicine to improve healthcare access for rural school aged children.
- The development of a fotonovela for hpv vaccine education.
- What's happeneing at the frontline asessment and quality improvement of bedside maternal care in rural India.