First Year & Transfer Orientation
Welcome to the U - Starting Your Nursing Journey
Complete the following 4 steps:
- Virtual Orientation
- Attend an Academic Advising Zoom Session for 1st Semester Course Planning
- Course Registration - Register for 1st Semester Courses
- Virtual Events - Stay Connected to Learn More about Virtual Events
You must complete your New Student Virtual Orientation modules before you meet with an academic advisor. If you have questions about how to complete the Virtual Orientation modules, please visit the New Student Orientation Registration Page.
Now that you’ve completed the Virtual Orientation Canvas modules, it’s time to speak with an advisor. Please plan to attend one of the following Zoom sessions to speak with an academic advisor about your first semester of courses.
First Year Students:
- Wednesday, December 2 & January 13 (1 PM – 2 PM)
Meeting ID: 987 8175 1114
- Thursday, December 3 & January 14 (10 AM – 11 AM)
Meeting ID: 967 8093 9022
- Thursday, November 19, December 3, December 10 & January 14 (2 PM – 3 PM)
Meeting ID: 969 5242 2305
- Friday, November 20, December 4, December 11 & January 15 (10 AM – 11 AM)
Meeting ID: 991 6146 3022
After you have met with your advisor you are now ready to register for courses. Confused on how to register? Review the video guide on how to register.
The College of Nursing offers a virtual Information Session:
Stay connected with the Office of Orientation & Transition! Tune into our New to the U virtual events - there is something for everyone, including parents and family members.
- You'll receive a text message from an SSA - let us know what you want to learn more about.
- Review the schedule of virtual events to explore campus resources and opportunities.
- Register for our events and come prepared with questions.