Schedule an Appointment
Pre-Nursing, Early Assurance Students, and Undergraduate Nursing Applicants
Appointments are available up to two weeks in advance, and new appointments are added every Monday. Appointments are scheduled exclusively online. Please check back frequently in case of cancellations.
PRE-NURSING AND NURSING EARLY ASSURANCE PROGRAM STUDENTS: Use this page to schedule an appointment.
CURRENT NURSING STUDENTS:
- BS in Nursing (Pre-Licensure) students: contact your Program Manager to schedule an appointment.
- RN-BS (Post-Licensure) students: contact your Program Manager to schedule an appointment.
GRADUATE APPLICANTS AND EXISTING STUDENTS: contact your Program Manager to schedule an appointment.
Many of the appointments are 15-minutes. Please try to arrive 10 minutes early to check in before your appointment time. Students who are more than 4 minutes late will be rescheduled.
Information sessions are offered several times each month to inform prospective nursing students about the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree as well as the procedures for admission.
To meet with a pre-nursing advisor, you must first attend an Information Session.
Attending an Information Session is not a requirement to apply for admission to the College of Nursing but is highly encouraged.
These are designed for students who are investigating nursing as a major: second bachelor degree earners, RN-BS, and transfer students to the University of Utah. During the Information session, our advisors present information regarding the following:
- Overview of the College of Nursing
- Admission requirements for prospective freshmen, transfers, and second bachelor degree students
- Prerequisite courses and repeat Policies
- Program/degree requirements including scheduling options, clinical rotations, and cost of tuition
- We do not review transcripts during advising and information sessions. Please complete the following steps before an advising session.
- Please check in for all meetings at the Annette Poulson Cumming College of Nursing Building Student Services room 2200.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes early to check in at the Student Services front desk (on the second floor of the College of Nursing) All advising sessions will begin promptly at their scheduled time. Late arrivals will need to reschedule.
- Parking is limited on campus. We encourage you to take public transit or the campus shuttle.
- The closest UTA Trax stop to the College of Nursing is University Medical Center. It is about an eight-minute walk between locations.
- Red and Blue campus shuttles stop at the College of Pharmacy, located just south of the College of Nursing.
- If you are not taking public transportation, zoom in and find the purple visitor parking garage (structure #64g). The College of Nursing is just down the hill, building #588.
- You WILL get a ticket if you park in the lot or garage directly to the north of the College of Nursing (up to a $100 fine).