Teaching Assistantship (TA) Positions
Current and Prospective graduate Nursing and Gerontology students interested in gaining teaching experience are encouraged to apply for a Teaching Assistant (TA) position within the College of Nursing. Most TA positions include a service (work) component of 10-20 hours per week and may be eligible for a separate tuition reduction benefit (Tuition Benefit Program - TBP) administered through the University of Utah's Graduate School.
TBP benefits provide eligible graduate students:
- Reduction in their tuition (reduction based on service component)
- Non-resident students qualify for resident tuition rates
TA assignments are determined each spring annually for the entire academic year through an application process. TA selection is a competitive process. Students who apply for a TA position and are not selected may still be eligible for a Graduate Assistant (GA) or Research Assistant (RA) position. Likewise, students who apply for a GA or RA position and are not selected may still be eligible for a TA position. Therefore, students who are interested in graduate tuition benefits through working as a TA or GA are encouraged to apply for both.
- TA Application: CLOSED
- TA Application Deadline: TBD
- Notification of Award: TBD
Research Assistantship (RA) Positions
Nursing and Gerontology graduate students interested in gaining research experience are encouraged to submit an RA interest form. Most RA positions include a service component of 10-20 hours per week, and eligible students may qualify for the Graduate Tuition Benefits program (TBP) administered through the University's Graduate School. TBP provides for a reduction in your tuition bill and provides resident tuition rates to non-resident students.
Research Assistant Application
For students wishing to be considered for future RA openings:
- Fill out the RA Interest Form
- Only students who have been admitted OR current students may submit an RA interest form
- Upload your CV or resume with the interest form
Students whose qualifications are a match with the RA position will be contacted directly by a Research staff member.
For current students wishing to apply for advertised RA openings:
- Positions will be posted on Canvas (follow application directions per Canvas announcement instructions)
- Visit the University of Utah Student Employment Job Portal to view any recent position openings