DeadlinesA complete application must be received by the deadline at 11:59 PM Mountain Time
- Fall Semester deadline: March 1st
- Spring Semester deadline: October 1st
The application portal will be available 90 days prior to the application deadline.
Applications are carefully reviewed by the Baccalaureate Admissions and Advancement Committee (BAAC) on the basis of academic qualifications as well as promise for success in the program and potential for contributions to the profession. The College of Nursing adheres to the University of Utah's policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity in admission decisions.
Our application review process is separated out into three phases.
Phase One - Student Services
- Complete electronic application received by the deadline
- All references received by the deadline
- All unofficial transcripts received by the deadline
- Five required prerequisite courses completed and graded by the deadline
- Cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher
- Required prerequisite courses GPA 3.0 or higher
- Submitted application to the University of Utah (Applicant does not need to have been admitted yet)
Phase Two - Experience and References
- Review and scoring of your professional references and responses (50%)
- Review and scoring of your application responses related to service to others, responsibility, and organizational skills (50%)
Phase Three - Kira Talent Electronic Interview
- Review and scoring of two written responses
- Review and scoring of two video responses
Only applicants who meet the minimum requirements will be sent for Phase Two review. Successful completion of Phase Two with a competitive score will result in being invited to Phase Three. All applicants will receive email notification whether their application is moved forward or not.
Students who are denied admission are responsible for completing and submitting a new application. Applications are not automatically forwarded. Unfortunately, due to limited staffing resources and extremely high number of applicants, we are unable to do post-decision application file reviews.
Two Professional References
- References are submitted through the online application system. Please have email addresses ready when completing the recommendation request.
- Applications will only be reviewed if they are complete by the deadline and meet all eligibility requirements listed on the website.
- Service to Others- Describe unpaid service that has benefited others. Be specific.
- Responsibility- Describe your work history and/or any personal obligations that either kept you out of the workforce, required special attention, or otherwise broadened your experiences. Be specific.
- Organizational Skills- Provide specific examples of your ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and use time effectively.
Upload an unofficial transcript from any and all colleges and universities attended including the University of Utah, regardless of the length of attendance, including for courses in-progress. An unofficial transcript for each institution must be submitted separately, meaning notation of accepted transfer credit does not replace the need for an unofficial transcript from the university from where credits were transferred. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable during the application. Official transcripts will be required if you are accepted into the program.
Official transcripts may be required by University of Utah Office of Admissions with the application to the University of Utah (a separate application). Please review their requirements to ensure you have met all guidelines and deadlines. Official transcripts will also be required to the College of Nursing if you are accepted into the nursing program.
Official Transcripts can be sent via one of the following methods:
- Mail or in-person (transcript must be in a sealed envelope from the issuing institution):
College of Nursing
10 South 2000 East, Suite 2200
Salt Lake City Utah 84112
- Official email direct from the institution to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Through the National Student Clearinghouse or similar electronic transcript services (i.e. Parchment)
If you are sending a transcript from an institution that you are currently enrolled in classes, it is your responsibility to submit updated transcripts when in progress classes are completed and graded.