A complete application must be received by the deadline at 5:00 PM Mountain Time
- Fall Semester Deadline: February 1st
- Spring Semester Deadline: September 1st
The application portal will be available 90 days before the application deadline.
Applications are carefully reviewed by the Baccalaureate Admissions and Advancement Committee (BAAC) by academic qualifications as well as promise for success in the program and potential for contributions to the profession. The College of Nursing adheres to the University of Utah's policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity in admission decisions.
Our application review process is separated into three phases.
Phase One - Student Services
- Complete electronic application received by the deadline
- All references received by the deadline
- Scanned copies or original PDF files of all official transcripts that are not expired uploaded to the application by the deadline
- Five required prerequisite courses completed and graded with a grade of C or better by the deadline
- General Biology
- Human Anatomy
- Human Physiology
- Elementary Chemistry
- GPA 3.0 or higher on the five required prerequisite courses
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher for all institutions
- Submitted application to the University of Utah (Applicant does not need to have been admitted yet)
Phase Two - Experience and References
- Review and scoring of your professional references and responses (50%)
- Review and scoring of your application responses related to service to others, responsibility, and organizational skills (50%)
Phase Three - KiraTalent Electronic Interview
- Review and scoring of two written responses and two video responses
Only applicants who meet the minimum requirements will be sent for Phase Two review. Successful completion of Phase Two with a competitive score will result in being invited to Phase Three. All applicants will receive email notification whether their application is moved forward or not.
Students who are denied admission are responsible for completing and submitting a new application. Applications are not automatically forwarded. Unfortunately, due to limited staffing resources and an extremely high number of applicants, we are unable to do post-decision application file reviews.
Two Professional References
- References are submitted through the online application system. Please have email addresses ready when completing the recommendation request.
- Applications will only be reviewed if they are completed by the deadline and meet all eligibility requirements listed on the website.
- Service to Others- Describe unpaid service that has benefited others. Be specific.
- Responsibility- Describe your work history and/or any personal obligations that either kept you out of the workforce, required special attention, or otherwise broadened your experiences. Be specific.
- Organizational Skills- Provide specific examples of your ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and use time effectively.
Upload a copy of an official transcript from all colleges and universities attended including the University of Utah and concurrent enrollment during high school, regardless of the length of attendance, including for courses in-progress. An official transcript for each institution must be submitted separately, meaning notation of accepted transfer credit does not replace the need for an official transcript from the university from where credits were transferred.
University of Utah Office of Admissions has a separate application process. Please review their requirements to ensure you have met all the guidelines and deadlines. The College of Nursing cannot make any exceptions to their policies and procedures.