Care For Women Through Every Life Change
The Dual Women's Health/Midwifery track will prepare you to provide primary care to women across the lifespan, offer reproductive care during the childbearing years, and manage the care of newborns.
Dual Certified Nurse-Midwives (CNM) and Women’s Health Nurse Practitioners (WHNP) focus on providing care for conditions unique to women from menarche through the remainder of their lives with a special focus in the childbearing years and childbirth. CNM/WHNPs provide leadership and collaboration in the provision of comprehensive care in a variety of inpatient and outpatient settings.
As a doctoral student in the CNM/WHNP track, you will:
- Develop skills to influence public policy through participation in professional organizations and health policy activities at the local, national and global level.
- Take courses in evidenced-based practice, quality improvement and systems leadership.
- Be mentored within our unique faculty practice BirthCare HealthCare.
- Interact with diverse patient populations.
- Participate in innovative high fidelity simulation and inter professional training.
Graduates are prepared to sit for national certification from the National Certification Corporation (NCC) and the American Midwifery Certification Board (AMCB). Upon successful completion of the exam, candidates are eligible to become certified or licensed to practice.