The College of Nursing (CON) has a limited amount of travel scholarship funding dedicated to supporting students who present at professional meetings/conferences. This presentation (poster, podium) may be done as an individual or in conjunction with a faculty member or group. Students may receive only one travel scholarship per academic year. Funding will be provided as a reimbursement to the student.
Eligibility Requirements & Application
Eligible individuals for a travel scholarship meet these requirements:
- CON students, including students from the Gerontology Interdisciplinary Program and students engaged in CON faculty-mentored research.
- Students whose research/project has been submitted for presentation at a professional meeting/conference are eligible to apply for funding. However, funding will only be released to students whose abstract has been accepted for presentation.
Additional Travel Funding
Students are encouraged to apply for the travel funding offered by other UofU programs and departments. These funds will supplement a travel award from the College of Nursing. Students are not required to receive these additional travel awards to be eligible for the College of Nursing travel scholarship. But, please note: these other travel scholarships may require proof that students have applied for, and received, a College of Nursing travel scholarship.
- Requests up to a maximum of $500 are considered.
Until funds exhausted.
- Funding is granted on a first-come, first-serve basis
- Priority is determined by the received date of travel application
- Applications not awarded funding will be placed on a waitlist in the event funding becomes available
- Students should not submit an abstract if their chair/advisor/co-authors are unable to present in the student's absence
- Airfare or car mileage
- Ground transportation fares
- Abstract fees
- Conference registration fees
- Per diem meal reimbursement based on federal guidelines
*Society memberships and poster preparation fees are not eligible reimbursements.