Undergraduate & Graduate Travel Scholarships
The College of Nursing (CON) has a limited amount of travel scholarship funding dedicated to supporting students who present at professional meetings/conferences. This presentation (poster, podium) may be done as an individual or in conjunction with a faculty member or group. Students may receive only one travel scholarship per academic year. Funding will be provided as a reimbursement to the student.
Eligible individuals for a travel scholarship meet these requirements:
- University of Utah College of Nursing (CON) students, including students from the Gerontology Interdisciplinary Program, and students engaged in CON faculty-mentored research
- Students whose research/project has been submitted for presentation at a professional meeting/conference are eligible to apply for funding; however, funding will only be released to students whose abstract has been accepted for presentation.
Undergraduate students must show evidence of applying for the Undergraduate Research Travel Awards.
Graduate students must show evidence of applying for the Graduate Student Travel Assistance Award.
NOTE: You do not need to receive either the Graduate Student Travel Assistance Award or the Undergraduate Research Travel Award, but must apply to be considered for CON Travel Scholarship.
- Requests up to a maximum of $500 are considered
- Funding is granted on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Priority is determined by the received date of travel application.
- Applications not awarded funding will be placed on a waiting list in the event funding becomes available.
- Students should not submit an abstract if their chair/advisor/co-authors are unable to present in the student's absence.
- Airfare or car mileage
- Ground transportation fares
- Abstract fees
- Conference registration fees
- Per diem meal reimbursement based on federal guidelines
Society memberships and poster preparation fees are not eligible reimbursements.
Until funds exhausted