Applications are accepted once a year for the fall semester. Individuals apply directly to the College of Nursing for the nursing portion and the University of Utah's Office of Admissions for regular college admission. Admission to the University of Utah does not constitute acceptance into NEAP, and acceptance to NEAP does not constitute admission to the University of Utah.
Fall Semester Deadline: February 1
Opens: November 1
Closes: February 1st, 5:00PM MT
A complete application must be received by the deadline at 5:00 PM MST
*The application portal will be available 90 days prior to the application deadline
Upload an official transcript from any and all high schools, colleges and/or universities attended including the University of Utah, regardless of the length of attendance, including for courses in-progress. An official transcript for each institution must be submitted separately, meaning notation of accepted transfer credit does not replace the need for an official transcript from the university from where credits were transferred.
Official transcripts may be required by the University of Utah Office of Admissions with the application to the University of Utah (a separate application). Please review their requirements to ensure you have met all the guidelines and deadlines.
If you are sending a transcript from an institution that you are currently enrolled in classes, it is your responsibility to submit updated transcripts when in progress classes are completed and graded.
- Service to Others - Describe unpaid service that has benefited others. Be specific.
- Responsibility - Describe your work history and/or any personal obligations that either kept you out of the workforce, required special attention, or otherwise broadened your experiences. Be specific.
- Organizational Skills - Provide specific examples of your ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and use time effectively.
- We no longer require references
Applications are carefully reviewed by the Baccalaureate Admissions and Advancement Committee (BAAC) on the basis of academic qualifications as well as promise for success in the program and potential for contributions to the profession. The College of Nursing adheres to the University of Utah's policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity in admission decisions.
Our application review process is separated out into three phases.
Phase One - Student Services
- Completed electronic application received by the deadline
- All official transcripts received by the deadline
- Cumulative high school OR college 3.00 or higher GPA (if in college, a maximum of 30 credit hours)
- Submitted application to the University of Utah (Applicant does not need to have been admitted yet)
Phase Two - Experience
- Review and scoring of your application responses related to service to others, responsibility, and organizational skills (100%)
Phase Three - Kira Talent Electronic Interview
- Review and scoring of two written responses
- Review and scoring of two video responses
Only applicants who meet the minimum requirements will be sent for Phase Two review. Successful completion of Phase Two with a competitive score will result in being invited to Phase Three. All applicants will receive email notification whether their application is moved forward or not.
Students who are denied admission are responsible for completing and submitting a new application. Applications are not automatically forwarded. Unfortunately, due to limited staffing resources and an extremely high number of applicants, we are unable to do post-decision application file reviews.
Opens: November 1
Closes: February 1, 5:00PM MST