Eligibility & Prerequisites
- Completion of all general education requirements before starting the nursing program. Current U of U students can confirm completion of general education requirements via My Degree Dashboard (formerly DARS) in CIS.
- Minimum 3.0 prerequisite cumulative grade point average (GPA) on a scale of 4.0.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) on a scale of 4.0 for all courses completed at ALL colleges/universities
- Our program is not an Accelerated BS as defined by the AACN where prior Bachelors degree is required. It is a fast-track, four consecutive program that mimics other Accelerated BS in Nursing programs.
- Before entering the program, you must be a degree-seeking student at the University of Utah in good-standing.
Please note that meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee that an applicant will be admitted to the program.
Completion of all nine nursing prerequisite courses is required before entry into the program. All prerequisite courses must have a grade of C or better with a minimum 3.0 prerequisite cumulative grade point average (GPA) on a scale of 4.0. The five nursing prerequisite courses marked by (*) and the corresponding labs must be complete and graded at the time of application. If these classes are not complete, your application will not be considered.
- Principles of Biology(*)
- Human Anatomy(*)1
- Human Physiology(*)1
- Elementary Chemistry(*)
- Nutrition Intervention
- Human Growth and Development: Lifespan
- Medical Microbiology
All courses offered at in-state colleges and universities that have been approved are included in the course equivalency chart. If a class you have taken is not on this list or from an out of state institution, you may request a course or transcript evaluation. Course or transcript evaluations are not available 30 days before an application deadline, please plan accordingly. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all prerequisites fulfill course requirements.
For course or transcript evaluations, please register on the Application Portal and select Request Transcript/Course Evaluation on the registration page. An email will be sent to you with a unique link to fill out a form.
Items you will need to include when submitting your request for transcript review:
- An unofficial transcript any school where you took courses that you want to be evaluated
- Syllabus for each course from when you took the class
- Link to the course description of the classes you are having reviewed
- List of courses you want to have considered
Please note your request could take up to three weeks for a response