Specialize Your Education and Career
Our online Master of Science program allows students to specialize in distinct areas of health care, expanding their career path and deepening their knowledge. Students have the option to pursue a Master of Science in one of four online specialty tracks:
- Nursing Leadership
- Nursing Education
- Nursing Informatics
Expected Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Master of Science program will:
- Expand on their knowledge of science and humanities gained in their undergraduate programs by integrating and applying scientific findings from a broad range of disciplines to practice.
- Work with individuals, families, and populations in diverse settings and health care systems to develop and lead initiatives promoting safe, high quality, culturally sensitive, and cost-effective patient care.
- Integrate advanced knowledge and skills to assure high-quality outcomes for individuals, families, population groups, and systems.
- Apply evidence-based research outcomes to improve practice and associated health outcomes for patient aggregates.
- Deliver ethical health care using information and communication technologies to integrate and coordinate care.
- Exercise leadership and advocacy to positively shape the development, implementation, and evaluation of health policy and health care delivery.
- Lead and participate in interdisciplinary collaborations aimed at improving health care delivery and care coordination.
- Apply principles of social determinants of health to plan, deliver, manage, and evaluate preventative care to diverse settings, individuals and populations.
- Demonstrate professionalism, value lifelong learning, and recognize the need to adapt to complex environments.
Programs of Study
Each specialty track can be completed following a full or part-time program of study and can be completed in as few as five semesters.