College of Nursing Application Process
Information on this page is specific to the College's application process. If not already admitted to the University, students must complete a College of Nursing application AND a University of Utah admissions application.
The University of Utah Office of Admissions has a separate application process for admission to the University. Please review their requirements to ensure you have met all the guidelines and deadlines. The College of Nursing cannot make any exceptions to their policies and procedures.
A complete application must be received by the deadline at 5:00 PM Mountain Time.
- Fall semester deadline: February 1
- Spring and Summer semesters deadline: September 1
The application portal opens 90 days before each application deadline.
Upload a copy of an official transcript from all colleges and universities attended including the University of Utah and concurrent enrollment during high school, regardless of the length of attendance, including for courses in-progress. An official transcript for each institution must be submitted separately, meaning notation of accepted transfer credit does not replace the need for an official transcript from the university from where credits were transferred.
- Service to Others- Describe unpaid service that has benefited others. Be specific.
- Responsibility- Describe your work history and/or any personal obligations that either kept you out of the workforce, required special attention, or otherwise broadened your experiences. Be specific.
- Organizational Skills- Provide specific examples of your ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and use time effectively.
Applications are carefully reviewed by the Baccalaureate Admissions and Advancement Committee (BAAC) by academic qualifications as well as promise for success in the program and potential for contributions to the profession. The College of Nursing adheres to the University of Utah's policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity in admission decisions.
- Complete electronic application received by the deadline
- Copies of all official transcripts uploaded to the application by the deadline
- No more than three outstanding prerequisite courses
- Completed prerequisite courses GPA 3.0 or higher
- Nursing school GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Submitted application to the University of Utah (Applicant does not need to have been admitted yet)
- Review and scoring of your application responses related to service to others, responsibility, and organizational skills (100%)
All applicants will receive email notification whether their application is moved forward or not.
Students who are denied admission are responsible for completing and submitting a new application. Applications are not automatically forwarded. Unfortunately, due to limited staffing resources and an extremely high number of applicants, we are unable to do post-decision application file reviews.
RN-BS Program Manager
Office of Student Services
Phone: (801) 587-3194
Questions about admissions?