College of Nursing Convocation
Convocation for the College of Nursing will be held at Kingsbury Hall, 1395 East President's Circle, on Friday, May 3, 2019, at 9:00 AM. All students graduating from the College of Nursing will have degrees conferred during the convocation ceremony.
College of Nursing Pins
College of Nursing pins is available for purchase through the Student Services Online Store. The cost is $35.00. You may purchase pins anytime online here. The pins are optional but make a lovely graduation gift.
College of Nursing Convocation Ticket Distribution
Each graduating student will collect eight tickets:
- Graduates will collect tickets from Kingsbury Hall Box Office, located at 1395 E. President's Circle. Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Saturday, 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Closed on Sundays.
- Tickets can only be collected from April 3 through 24, 2019. Tickets will NOT be available after the 24th.
- The graduate must have a photo ID to collect their tickets. Tickets will only be released to the graduating student; no one else can collect tickets for the graduating student.
- Please be prepared, at the time of ticket pick up to provide special need requests so that Kingsbury Hall can accommodate ADA needs including but not be limited to:
- Wheelchair seating
- Limited mobility with walkers
- Anything that may require special arrangements
- Each graduating student is responsible for distributing the tickets to the guests of their choice. If you do not believe you will use your full amount of tickets, please share with your classmates (free of charge).
- Everyone wanting a seat in Kingsbury Hall for convocation must be in possession of a ticket, including babies in arms. Even babies need tickets.
- No one will be allowed to save seats inside the auditorium.
- Anyone without a ticket, lost or otherwise, will be invited to the standby line or to the overflow broadcast in the Libby Gardner Concert Hall at the David Gardner Hall building directly west of Kingsbury Hall where the proceedings will be live streamed.
You are welcome to invite as many guests as you would like to attend convocation. Eight of your guests with tickets will find general admission seating in Kingsbury Hall. The rest of your guests are very welcome and will be accommodated in the Libby Gardner Concert Hall at the David Gardner Hall building. Standby seating in Kingsbury Hall will begin at 9:10 PM, ten minutes after the convocation ceremony begins.
A professional photographer, Island Photography, has been authorized to photograph all graduation candidates. A representative from Island Photography will contact graduates after the ceremony with information on how to purchase the photographs.
NOTE: The front row of seats in the middle section of the auditorium is reserved for guests who wish to take pictures and immediately return to their seats. The front row may be accessed on the West side of the auditorium.
Parking is available at Rice-Eccles Stadium where a campus shuttle runs every 10 minutes to Kingsbury Hall.
Livestream and On Demand Recording
College Convocation Ceremony at Kingsbury Hall will be broadcast live and archived for future reference. To watch the livestream or view the video later, click here.
Congratulations! We look forward to seeing you at convocation and mingling with you at the open house.
University of Utah Commencement
The University of Utah commencement and convocation ceremonies are held annually at the conclusion of the spring semester. Candidates for graduation in Summer 2018, Fall 2018, Spring 2019, or Summer 2019 terms may attend. University Commencement will be held on Thursday, May 2, 2019, at 6:30 PM immediately after the procession of students which begins at 5:45 PM in the Jon M. Huntsman Center. This year's commencement speaker will be announced soon. For more information, visit the Commencement Ceremony page.