May 31, 2018
We want to say a huge "THANK YOU" to our 2017-2018 Alumni Board and especially retiring Co-Presidents Teresa Garrett and Dianne Stewart.
The College of Nursing accomplished so much this year with their leadership and willing volunteerism:
- 2017 Alumni Weekend
- 2017 Distinguished Alumni and Young Alumni Awards
- Launching the new Half Century Society for the Classes of 1947-1967
- Unveiling Faces of Nursing (a mural 10 years in the making)
- Numerous pinnings and graduation celebrations (with U-shaped doughnuts from Banberry Cross and CON keychains!)
- Revamping the mentoring program (22 mentor/mentee relationships established)
- Starting the student Stethoscope program and donor "Thank-a-Thon"
- Recognizing 196 nurses (including Dare to Care Award recipient Alex Wubbels) and raising $38,000 in student scholarships at the 2018 Honors for Nursing